Did you know BOTOX® is the #1 prescribed branded treatment for Chronic Migraine?* With BOTOX®, you can prevent headaches and migraines before they even start. BOTOX® prevents on average 8 to 9 headache days and migraine/probable migraine days a month (vs 6 to 7 for placebo).
Chronic migraines are different from episodic migraines. With chronic migraines:
- You have 15 or more headache days per month (at least 8 associated with migraine)
- Headaches last longer
- Pain is often more severe
Experts recommend treating Chronic Migraine with preventive medication—medicine that is used before a headache or migraine even starts.
- BOTOX® is the #1 prescribed branded Chronic Migraine treatment
- 2 million BOTOX® treatments have been given to over 500,000 people with Chronic Migraine since FDA approval in 2010
Four Facts About BOTOX®
500,000+ Chronic Migraine patients treated with BOTOX® since FDA approval in 2010
1 Botox session in your doctor’s office every 12 weeks
Injections take about 15 minutes
Most common side effect is neck pain.
- BOTOX® is the first FDA-approved preventive Chronic Migraine treatment. Chronic Migraine is different from other headache and migraine conditions—because it’s more frequent and severe—so it should be treated differently.
- Unlike acute treatments, BOTOX® prevents headaches and migraines before they even start. Chronic Migraine can take up more than half your month and requires ongoing treatment.
What is it like?
- Injections take about 15 minutes, are done in your doctor’s office, and you can go home right after. It’s a small needle; injections feel like tiny pinpricks.
- You start with 2 treatments, 12 weeks apart — a proven way to see how well BOTOX® works for you. (You may feel results as soon as 4 weeks after treatment.)
- You continue with one treatment session every 12 weeks thereafter (or as recommended by your doctor).
- BOTOX® treatment is injected by a healthcare provider – one who is experienced in treating Chronic Migraine with BOTOX®.